Friday, April 11, 2014

character

 
 
 

A character is someone that can easily connect with the viewers. The characters should be fun and likeable. They can be likable in a good or bad way; likeable in a good way so people feel for them, or likeable in a bad way so people want to know what’s going to happen next. Over all a character should pull the viewer in so the want to continue watching the show. I chose to do scenes from the movie Frozen. In this movie the main goal is to make Elsa turn the town back to summer.   My character is Olaf. My clip is of many scenes of olaf and all the stuff he does during the movie. A little background about him Olaf is a snowman in the story because of Elsa's powers of making winter. He is funny, always making the viewer’s laugh about something. He is gullible because he easily falls for things. He is also somewhat dumb. He does some stupid stuff in the movie but that’s part of what makes you want to keep watching the movie.

 


I believe Olaf is a good example of a great character. I think this because Olaf is good at pulling a viewer in. HIs personality and actions make him such a great character. He is a very likeable character and always fun to watch. Olaf ids funny he does things that would be bad t most people and makes them funny. An example from the movie is when he fell apart and he started laughing and asked if the other characters would help put him back together. The writer of this movie did a good job in letting us get to know Olaf and who he is. The writer does not come out and tells you about him, but it is easy to figure it out based in his character. Throughout the movie Olaf is faced with deception. thsi is becasue he doesnt know he we melt in summer but he wants it so bad. Overall I think Olaf is a great character throughout the movie.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you, Kassidy! I also think that it's the innocence of his character that allows us to find the humor of his lines. I think you are dead on when you said that he doesn't allow bad things to affect him as much. His personality is shown through his speech like you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think Olaf is very good at pulling in the audience! He is able to use his humor in his character to keep the audience entertained. The writer of the movie did do a very good job of making Olaf a character that people are interested in and can provide more conflicts in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Olaf as a character! I found him very entertaining and easily connectable. He was my favorite character in Frozen. Following behind him was Ana because of her love of her sister and passion!

    ReplyDelete